Something is just not working about the way we view health right now.
We’ve fallen for the idea that healthy = thin, and we’ve tortured ourselves trying to stick to the latest food trends and fad diets, but instead of feeling better, we feel worse.
Because one size doesn’t fit all – it doesn’t work for clothing, and it definitely doesn’t work when it comes to food and eating.
The problem is that we’re all trying to eat the exact same way (low carb, low sugar, zero pleasure), even though we all have individual needs.
And we’re all looking for quick fixes to our health problems – treating the symptoms, instead of looking at the whole body and getting to the root of the problem.
Well, not here sister.
Not on my watch.
If you really want to feel happy and healthy, you have to to:
- Stop eating your emotions
- Start nourishing your body
- Start moving your body
- Start loving the skin you’re in
And in order for that to happen, you have to work through the emotional stuff that’s weighing you down so you can make better choices for your body and your health.
Because that emotional stuff is the root of the problem.
It’s the reason you keep yo-yo dieting, falling off the wagon, and starting over on Monday. The reason no matter how hard you try, you can’t seem to get a handle on food and eating.
I’m Jennifer, Holistic Nutritionist.
I’ve spent the last 10 years of my life researching the science and psychology of what our bodies need, and understanding how our inability to deal with emotions keeps us from making choices that nourish our bodies.
And while I am a Nutritionist, I’m not a size 2, and I don’t run through fields of flowers every day.
Instead, my story goes like this …
For 10 years, I suffered from chronic yeast infections, headaches, lethargy, and a whole host of other issues. I tried everything – acupuncture, oriental medicine, Ayurveda and saw several more conventional western doctors.
Some things worked briefly.
But I never found that magic pill I was searching for … because it didn’t exist.
When I hit rock bottom and had nowhere else to turn, I was forced to take responsibility for my own health and realized that I was making myself sick. I was stuffing myself with cakes, cookies and ice cream thinking that I could fill the voids in my life with food.
In that moment, I chose to take my health and my life into my own hands and in the process:
- I got the proper testing to see what was really going on in my body
- I learned to listen to my body and eat in a way that made me feel good
- I discovered how to manage difficult emotions and past trauma using dance and movement
Along the way I became obsessed with understanding this process and earned a Masters Degree in Holistic Nutrition. Oh, and I went to culinary school too!
And now I’ve made it my mission to teach others how to heal from the inside out, like I did.
And the best part is I guarantee with my help it won’t take you anywhere near a decade to learn these three basic principles:
- Listening to and understanding YOUR body helps you resolve problems that you can’t get a handle on.
- Emotional health is just as important as your physical health.
- Movement is medicine.
Here’s a taste of what you can expect from my coaching programs:
- First, if I suspect there are imbalances (many times there are), you’ll see your Dr. or the Naturopathic Doctor on my team to get testing to see if there is anything in the way of you getting healthy.
- Next, we’ll explore your relationship with food.
Then, comes the yummy part …
- I create personalized plan to help you treat yourself well – nourish your body with delicious and health supportive food, find movement or exercise that you enjoy, and live a mindful and fulfilling life!